THE NEWBIES GUIDE TO CHANGING SPARK PLUGS ON THE ECOTEC (WITH PICTURES)
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
5/8 spark plug socket
10 mm socket
1. Pop your hood. If you cant do this please take your car to a mechanic
2. Remove ignition wire conector from the idi cover
2. Remove the 4 small bolts holding the idi cover to the valve cover (10mm)
3. Now remove the idi cover
your engine should now look like this
4. now grab your spark plug socket 3/8,ratchet,extension. Insert into the hole and turn
counter clockwise to remove the spark plugs. Dothis to all 4 plugs.
5. Now get your new plugs ready. Put anti seize on the threads before you put them in.
(I went with the bosch platinum 2 because they were cheaper than the acdelco
plugs and were pre gapped). If you plugs arenÂ’t gapped it will tell you what to gap
them at in the owners manual. Mine says (.43).
(sorry I didnÂ’t get any pictures of the plugs ready to go in I had antiseize on my hands)
6. Install new plugs by turning the ratchet clockwise. Torque spec is 15 ft lbs donÂ’t
overtighten them because you could strip out the head. Do this to all 4
7.Reinstall the idi cover.
8. Reinstall the 4 bolts you took out with the 10mm socket
9. put the plug clip back in.
10. now close the hood and start the car and enjoy the feeling of taking care of your car.