Left Nav Register User Pics Groups Videos Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   ClubCav.com: Chevy Cavalier Forums, Cavalier Forum Specific Technical Discussion Maintenance

Unread 03-25-2011, 09:02 AM

Default Service Light Reset

hello
is there anyway to reset the service light (the one with a wrench on it, not the check engine light), when i start the car the light is turned on, i ran the obd2 scanner and it doesn't throw any codes, i had the oil and trans fluid changed 2 weeks ago, and now suddenly it appears, my drl's work by the way, so is there a way to reset it, i've tried disconecting the battery and still no luck
Thanks!
Unread 03-25-2011, 10:32 AM

ok try this open the key all the way but dont start the car.. pump the gas 3 times and should reset the light hopefully hope it helps..
Unread 03-25-2011, 10:38 AM

Battery reset? Disconnect the battery for a minutes... I believe it works with the OBD, but not too sure about the Service Engine light. It might be worth a try :) Good luck.
Unread 03-25-2011, 03:09 PM

tried both ways and still no luck, i've also tried with the brake and still no luck
Unread 03-26-2011, 03:38 AM

Have you tried verifying the oil and transmission fluid levels? My friend had a Grand Am (I know its unrelated) and he had the lil oil light on too. We found later that he had 1/2 qt. over the level mark. Just a quick idea :) Also, did you put in the required oil and trans fluid? Good luck.
Unread 03-28-2011, 01:50 PM

yes the levels are fine, and i put the recommended oil and trans fluid by the manual, but the light turned in 2 weeks after the oil changes, i doubt that it happened beacause of that

Club Cav Partners