Left Nav Register User Pics Groups Videos Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   ClubCav.com: Chevy Cavalier Forums, Cavalier Forum Things To Do Events and Meets

Unread 01-03-2002, 07:28 PM
the boss

Send a message via ICQ to RLO Send a message via AIM to RLO Send a message via MSN to RLO
Default How to enter a Car Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post
ah thanks for the info. no i never planned on entering it in HIN or Nopi lol. i just meant car shows around here that give out trophies. all i want is a trophy for my car. one is good, but the more the better. then i can take a picture of them all in front of my car like some cars have. thanks for the info though. did you see my new post?

when you HIN/NOPI... the judges don't even talk to you. They just walk up to your car and go through a check list... I Did HIN/NOPI in NJ they check wheel dust, and wheel liner... What I do is wash and wax the day before. Ride down to the event.... Dust off car, polish wheels, put on tire dressing.... clean door jams and engine... Take with you

1. Bucket
2. gallon water
3. clean towels
4. and polishes....

here's a pic at nopi

Unread 08-05-2010, 04:48 PM

Default How to enter a Car Show?

How does one enter a car show with their car? I know how to get into car shows, but how do I get my car judged and get trophies like some people get? I have seen some pretty normal cars get a trophy and hopefully I could get one. How do I get one!
Unread 08-09-2010, 06:30 AM

All shows are organized by a group or club or maybe even by the venue. Contact them to enter. In most cases (all but once in my life), you will register on-site the day of the show. You pull in the lot, find the main booth, which is usually close to the entrance to make things easy. For large shows their may be several booths to handle different categories. At this booth, table, whatever you will give them your info and car info as well as choose a category. For us we usually choose some sort of domestic category and mild or wild depending on your car's mods. Some shows may have Chevy or even Cavy classes. If so, you chances of winning are even better.

Hope this helps. BTW, we're friends on cardomain (JesterK) =]
Unread 08-09-2010, 07:49 AM

hey
we USED to be friends. all those posts i get from my friends to their friends are so annoying so i deleted all my friends. but anyways, thanks for helping!
Unread 08-09-2010, 07:51 AM

Yeah, that new feed is kind of annoying. I get that they're trying to mimic social media, but it just doesn't work as well as it could.
Unread 08-09-2010, 12:36 PM

Clean your car up really good, go to the show. Thats all I do, most of the shows I go to I just roll in, park, set up my car and than go to the registration area and pay the fee, get a sheet of paper and fill out my name and such than take that paper to my car and put it on the windshield under the wiper arm and than a show rep comes over and looks over my car, asks me questions if they dont know me about the car and than grades the car and its done. Than after the shower they give out the awards/trophies. If there are classes, be sure to put your car in the right class to get a better opportunity to win. For example, my balt has a class for itself. But because normally there is not many balts at the shows they put cavaliers and such in there if the group for that class is small. I put my car in another class, a Best GM, I have won that a few times aswell and you get put in with anything from a 55 chevy to camaros and such.

Last edited by Beamer; 08-09-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Unread 08-09-2010, 12:42 PM

thanks beamer, that sounds great. i couldn't imagine if i got a trophy i'd be so excited. did you ever win anything? how modded was your car? do you need 20k in parts just to get a trophy or could i win with a daily driver semi-modded like with a kit, underbody, clean interior, etc?
Unread 08-09-2010, 12:45 PM

When I first started going my cobalt has nothing more than just the headlights, wheels and the GM stage II kit. I won a few that way, now it has over 6 gran in it and I have won a total of 14 trophies in 13 shows. I have not been to many this season, only 2 but if I have I would have probably around 30 trophies. At first it was sweet but after a bit its the same ol same ol. It gets expensive, 30 bucks a show, say I do two/three shows a month it adds up and i am trying to save for a downpayment on a house so that is why I quite going, that and its gets rather boring sitting around. I enjoy cruise in's more which are not car shows pre say but with them you can leave whenever

Last edited by Beamer; 08-09-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Unread 08-09-2010, 12:59 PM

hm, well wheels and a s/c kit are pretty expensive mods. you had nothing done to the body though just stock? was this when cobalts first came out, because i could understand that. all in all, i probably have close to 2g all in all in my car. of course that includes new headlights, new tail lights, new battery, underglow, in dash dvd player, gps, tint, full body kit, new paint (which i did myself), and a few odds and ends. but check out my cardomain, and see if you think i could win a trophy:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869200

im not done with the paint yet, i plan on making it look pretty good once i buff and polish it an everything, just waiting for a day thats not near 100 degrees outside. most recent pics are at bottom of page 3.
Unread 08-09-2010, 01:11 PM

also, where can i check for car shows near Lancaster, PA. i know carlisle was the best one, but all i see are gm classic nationals, motorcycles, and other old car shows and no import/domestic car shows. its also over 2 hours away. and theres no events for this year, all next year. how do i find out shows for my cavalier near me?

Last edited by jschristian44; 08-09-2010 at 01:17 PM.

Club Cav Partners